Individualized Academic Advising
As a student in the UST Program, you will be assigned a professional academic advisor who will work with you until you declare a major. You are encouraged to meet with your advisor throughout the semester for academic planning, major guidance and for course selection during registration. Advising appointments can cover topics such as: how to research majors, where to look for organizations, how to deal with a difficult roommate and everything in between. You can choose the level of involvement you want to have with your academic advisor. Some students see their advisor on an ongoing basis and check in regularly while others prefer to meet with their advisor only with specific academic questions. We recommend that you connect with your advisor at least once each semester to discuss courses for the upcoming semester.
We offer a variety of ways to obtain advisement throughout the year including e-mail, drop-in hours and by appointment.
E-mail Advisement: For general inquiries, feel free to review the FAQs on our website or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Drop-In Advisement: For basic questions or assistance, such as obtaining signatures for transfer credit or other forms, quick questions about credits or course choices, requests for excused absences, etc., you are welcome to stop by the Center for Academic Success in 148-150 S. College Ave. during drop-in hours.
Monday – Friday, 9:30 AM – Noon & 1:00 PM – 3:30 PM (except Tuesdays from 9:30 AM – Noon)
Advising Appointments: If your questions are a bit more specific and you would like to be certain you have plenty of time to discuss them, you should schedule an appointment online with your Advisor using the Blue Hen Success Collaborative (BHSC). Appointments are usually necessary for academic planning, major selection, study abroad, internships or service learning questions, and graduation analysis.
To sign up for an advising appointment, please follow the instructions below:
- Login to BHSC Platform – udel.edu/bluehensuccess – SUCCESS Login
- Use UDSIS login credentials
From the home page, click Get Advising.
Click through the Schedule Advising Appointment workflow:
- Reason – select Academic Advising; select reason (e.g. Advising: Assigned Advisor)
- Location – select University Studies Advisor’s Office
- Advisor – select advisor; your assigned advisor will be indicated as (Your Advisor)
Select Appointment time or Drop-in Time
- Appointment – If your advisor has created Appointment availability, click into blue availability blocks to select the desired appointment time; proceed through the appointment workflow including entering optional comments and confirming the appointment.
- Drop-In time – If your advisor has created Drop-in availability, click into the View Drop-in Times to see details of their office hours and locations. Please note that drop-in hours are subject to change and students may see any advisor who is available for drop-ins
Review appointment details and confirm. You will receive an email confirmation once you’ve successfully scheduled the appointment.
As with any system, remember to Logout when you’re done utilizing the BHSC platform.
Remember to bring your UDID card with you to your appointment or drop-ins. You will need it to check in at the front desk.
Note: If you are a non-UST student who is considering a change of major and would like to meet with a UST Advisor, please feel free to visit the office during any of the aforementioned drop-in hours.